Saturday 30 July 2011

Los Angeles Galaxy vs. Vancouver Whitecaps: Landon Donovan Ready to Play

When Bruce Arena?s Los Angeles Galaxy take to the pitch, expect team captain Landon Donovan to be ready to start today against the Vancouver Whitecaps at Empire Field in Vancouver, British Columbia (kickoff: 4:30 p.m. PT/7:30 p.m. ET, Fox Soccer/TSN).

?I?ve had a couple of days where I feel good in training," Donovan told MLSSoccer?s Luis Bueno. "Knock on wood, if there?s no setbacks, I should be able to contribute [on Saturday].?

Donovan was forced to sit out the friendly with Manchester City and the MLS All-Star game due to a calf injury.

?I hate being home and watching games I should be a part of," Donovan added. "It?s always irked me. It was frustrating to watch the game when you want to be there and contribute. Sometimes it?s the way it goes.

?This team depends on me. They  depend on me to be here and to make plays and to lead. If I?d gone to New York, I?d have had no chance to get proper treatment, I would have had no chance to properly train all week and I wouldn?t have been ready for Saturday.?

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/783937-los-angeles-galaxy-vs-vancouver-whitecaps-play-by-play-analysis-and-reaction/entry/111315-los-angeles-galaxy-vs-vancouver-whitecaps-landon-donovan-ready-to-play

charity news music news news

No comments:

Post a Comment