Saturday 24 September 2011

Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me check already-purchased app prices

Dear Aunt TUAW,

While I await a reply back on Twitter from Apple's @AppStore account, I was hoping you could help me out, given your past as a ninja and Olympian.

As I try and gift purchases of awesome apps from the App Store to friends, followers and family, I hit an issue: apps I've already downloaded for myself do not show their prices. Instead, the word "Downloaded" appears where the price should be.

How can I see the prices of apps I have already purchased so I can gift them to people and not have the price be a game of Russian Roulette?

Your help or any readers that know the answer to the above would be greatly appreciated and perhaps a small gift code would be sent there way as thanks.

Your loving nephew,

Part-Time Game Geek

Dear PTGG,

Easy peasy. In App Store, right-click the application icon. Choose Copy Link and launch Safari. Paste the URL into the search field (not the navigation field) and click return.

The first search result should show the price.

Hugs,

Auntie T.

Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me check already-purchased app prices originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.tuaw.com/2011/09/23/dear-aunt-tuaw-help-me-check-already-purchased-app-prices/

sports news charity news music news

No comments:

Post a Comment